Saturday 26 October 2013

Review of Sia

Sia by Josh Grayson
Title: Sia
Author: Josh Grayson
Page Count: 209 (although this is subject to change)
First sentence: Wake up! A tiny, annoying tickle on my face.

My Review
Sia is a realistic romance book. It shows that anyone can change.
I read this book because the cover looks intriguing and emotional.
The main plot in the book is for the main character, Sia, to try to change her whole life after being diagnosed with Fugue Amnesia, which means that Sia has lost all of her memories. She doesn't remember anything about her own life - not even her name or her city.
I liked Sia because she had so much hope all the time, but it was also the hope that made me dislike her. It's not possible for someone to care so little about what everyone thinks, and to change her life in a few weeks. I liked her because she believed in herself and in others, but I disliked her because she was slightly too perfect. I try to think about something I didn't like, but I can find no flaws at all. She's just the perfect person, which is annoying in itself.
I liked this book because it was an easy read, and because the short chapters meant that I read it faster. I liked it how Sia stood up for herself when things didn't go her way, and she let everyone know that she didn't care. I didn't like the book because it was boring for me and there wasn't a detailed plot.
The book is going to be published this year. I got my copy from Netgalley, so it's not been published yet.
Overall, I recommend this book for people who don't like to read that much, and for those who like happy endings and everything turning out perfectly.
I give it a 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment