Saturday 2 November 2013

Review of Aberrant

Aberrant by Ruth Silver
Series: Aberrant
Title: Aberrant
Author: Ruth Silver
Page Count: 212
First sentence: My fingers gripped the metal chain as my feet kicked higher.

My Review
Aberrant is a YA dystopian novel with a sub-plot of romance.
I read this book because my friend was reading it and I wanted to read it with her.
The main plot in the book is for the main character, Olivia, and her best friend, Joshua, to not get caught by the government. Olivia is the last woman of her kind, and Joshua is with her to protect her.
I liked Olivia because even though she was thrown into the middle of things she really didn't understand, she learnt to adapt and to cope. At the start of the novel, she had no idea what was different about her, but she learns what that means when something terrible happens. I also like her because she's really protective and loyal to her friends, and isn't afraid to tell people what she thinks. I don't like Olivia because she's a little too outgoing, and I think she doesn't feel enough shock at the events that have changed her life.
I liked this book because it was really engaging and quite a short read, which I relished when I was reading it. I enjoyed the whole storyline and didn't even sense a single boring bit. One of the things I didn't like about the book was that the ending was slightly confusing, about how everyone was in on the plan. But it does leave room for the second book to explain some things.
This book is going to be published this year. I got it from Netgalley so it's not been published yet.
Overall, I recommend this book for fans of Matched, Divergent and The Hunger Games. It has slight elements of all books in it.
I give it a 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment