Friday 24 August 2012

Review of Maximum Security

Details about the book:
Title: Maximum Security
Series: Cherub
Number in series: 3
Author: Robert Muchamore
Page count: 277
First sentence: It looked the same in every direction.

My Review
Maximum Security is an action spy book based in Arizona.
The reason I read this book is because I was reading it with a friend on another forum. I'm so glad I read it for the 4th time because it jogged my memory before reading the next 11 books in the series.
The main plot in this book is to catch a wanted weapons-dealer Jane Oxford, and they do this by sending in CHERUB agents, minors who are trained to escape capture and lure out criminals through their innocent appearance.
James Adams is a 13-year-old boy who goes undercover as James Rose, a 14-year-old male who gets sentences to a few years in prison for the supposed murder of a homeless lady. I liked James because he's a quick thinker and sticks to the plan. I didn't like him because he took unnecessary risks occassionally.
There was nothing I didn't like about this book. It was perfectly written and resolved all issues, mostly through the epilogue at the back which tells you about all of the minor characters in the book and where they ended up.
The book was published in 2005, and it is superb.
Overall, this book is definitely recommended to the average boy. It's not too lengthy, and is easy to follow. The only slightly confusing thing is all of the characters, and also the background of the mission. I give it a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment