Friday 31 August 2012

Review of The Hunt

Details about the book:
Title: The Hunt
Author: Andrew Fukuda
Page count: 293
First sentence: There used to be more of us.

Review
The Hunt is a dystopian fantasy book.
The reason I read this book was because I was browsing my library's new books and the cover and name just looked appealing.
The main plot is for Gene, a 17 year old boy, to stop the Heper Hunt, a tournament where all of the humans are kept in captivity until the day where they get released into an arena and the lucky chosen vampires get to go and eat them. Only problem is Gene, who's pretending to be a vampire so as not to get eaten, gets chosen to go into the Heper Hunt.
I like Gene because he's very self-controlled and always likes to do the right thing. He doesn't like to attract attention to himself because it could mean death.
I didn't like Gene because he thought he'd never get caught-out.
I liked this book because it was a complete utter page-turner. One of the most action-packed books I've ever read. It was amazing.
I didn't like this book because of the awfully long chapters. And also how Andrew drew out the first few pages.
The book was published this year.
Overall, this book is definitely recommended, more so for the guys, but if girls like action/fantasy, this books has it!
I give it a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment