Saturday 1 September 2012

Review of Private

Details about the book:
Title: Private
Series: Private
Number in series: 1
Author: Kate Brian
Page count: 227
First sentence: Where I come from everything is gray.

My Review
Private is a reality book, about a 15 year old girl who goes to the boarding school she's dreamed of.
The reason I read this book was because it was recommended by a girl in my class. I'm so glad I read it! It's amazing because this is probably what it's like for new girls at boarding school, wanting to fit in and understand things.
The main plot is for Reed Brennan, the main character, to somehow make it into the popular group called the Billings Girls, and to work out her relationship with a senior she met on the first day of boarding school.
I like Reed because she's no different from the average teenager, and acts like it. She keeps to herself, but follows her dreams, whether she needs to do the right or wrong thing to achieve them. I don't like her though because she knows when she does the wrong thing, and then later on wonders why she's been rejected.
I liked this book because it was just awesome, and it's also the first in a series of 14 books, that are all apparently filled with mystery and intrigue. This series also has prequels and a series where one of the Billings Girls is the main character.
I didn't like this book because it was too short!
This book was published in 2006.
Overall, this book is recommended for those who aren't that into reading, or who are looking for a short and easy read.
I give it a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment