Friday 14 September 2012

Review of Change of Heart

Details about the book:
Title: Change of Heart
Author: Jodi Picoult
Page count: 447
First sentence: In the beginning, I believed in second chances.

My Review
Change of Heart is a realistic book.
The reason I read this book is because I'm going through a Jodi Picoult phase.
The main plot is for Shay to do what he believes in, and for his lawyer to make it happen.
I liked the main character, Shay, because he truly thought he was doing the right thing, and he didn't get angry at unecessary things. I didn't like him because he kept the truth to himself, and didn't tell anyone about what really happened.
I liked this book because it shows what can really happen, how people can really get what they want if they put their heart into it (figuratively, but in the book's case, literally) and also because it was from the perspective of a few different people. I didn't like it because it seemed to drag a little bit in the middle, and also being from the perspective of a lot of people meant I needed to read it seriously, it wasn't a light read.
The book was published in 2008.
Overall, this book is recommended for those wanting to become lawyers, and for those who like happy endings.
I give this book a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment