Thursday 6 September 2012

Review of The Killing

Details about the book:
Title: The Killing
Series: Cherub
Number in series: 4
Author: Robert Muchamore
Page count: 306
First sentence: Two thirteen year-olds wore nylon shorts, sleeveless tops and flip-flops.

My Review
The Killing is a spy book.
The reason I read this book is because I was seeing who could read it fastest out of me and my friend. It's my 4th time I've read it.
The main plot is for the Cherub agents to catch the criminal.
I liked the main character, James, because he stands up for himself, making the natural mistakes occassionally and making up for them somehow. I didn't like James because he's such a cheat on his girlfriend, Kerry. When he goes away on missions, every single mission he gets it off with a girl, and he's only 13! Over 16 months he's been with 6 girls. It's so annoying!
I liked this book because it has one of the most complex plots out of the four books so far, and it has nice short chapters. I didn't like this book because the mission was rather boring, but it did get better as it went on.
The book was published in 2005.
Overall, this book is very recommended, more for boys than girls, but if you like spy/action books then this is for you!
I give this book a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment