Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review of Thirteen Reasons Why

Details about the book:
Title: Thirteen Reasons Why
Author: Jay Asher
Page count: 288
First sentence: "Sir?" she repeats.

My Review
Thirteen Reasons Why is a realistic suicide book. Every little thing a person does counts.
The reason I read this book is because everyone is reading it at the moment, and I've been meaning to for a while.
The main plot is for Clay, the main character, to find out why Hannah Baker killed herself, through some tapes she left.
I liked the main character because he didn't let the little things bothered him, but allowed the big things to hit hard, not to push them down. I didn't like him because he didn't do enough to keep Hannah, to be with her.
I liked this book because I've never read anything like it, and I liked it because of the way it was written. I didn't like it because it's a sensitive topic for me at the moment.
The book was published in 2007.
Overall, I recommend this book for those of you who enjoy light easy reads, but quite serious topics.
I give it a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment